- bmotime reblogged this from beardedinventor
- bmotime likes this
- agirlnamedcactus reblogged this from fathairylesbian and added:
- agirlnamedcactus likes this
- belades reblogged this from yuugi and added:
- skeezy-byakuren reblogged this from yuugi
- fathairylesbian reblogged this from missroxirocket
- hahaharleygirl reblogged this from missroxirocket
- nevernotsad reblogged this from missroxirocket
- missroxirocket reblogged this from beardedinventor
- beardedinventor posted this
So here’s a thing the CEO of Reddit has said (emphasis mine):
“We will ban the posting of personal information, because it incites violence and harassment against specific individuals,” Mr Wong said.
I just.. I don’t even know where to begin with this. I’ve been pretty upset with Reddit’s response to the whole michael brutsch/violentacrez/jailbait/creepshots thing… but I am disgusted with this statement.
How. The. Fuck. can you claim to support a policy because it prevents violence and harassment against specific individuals when you actively support communities like /jailbait and /creepshots. These are communities that support harassment against specific individuals. Fuck - these are communities BUILT on harassment against specific individuals.
I don’t know if Mr Wong is trying to insinuate that the people in these pictures are not individuals, or that the act of taking a non-consensual picture of someone and uploading it to a community based around the sexualization and fetishization of this content is not harassment (and that it cannot to lead to violence), or both.
Regardless, I’m disgusted.